How's life? Today I am here with some summer picnic treats.
So the first thing we are going to make is french fries and let me just say they were delicious and also super easy to make.
You are going to need:
4 russet potatoes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
(preheat oven to 450˚F)
1. Wash & cut potatoes into wedges by cutting lengthwise in half then slice each half into 3 slices.
2. Place potatoes in a bowl of water with about 2 cups of ice cubes. Let them stand for 30 min then pat dry with paper towels.
3. Place 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp paprika and 1/4 tsp black pepper in to a large ziplock bag or a mixing bowl. Add potatoes and shake them together. Next add 1/4 cup of olive oil to the bag and toss until potatoes are coated.
4. Line Baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes on the lined sheet and bake at 450˚F for 30-35 min until the potatoes are cooked through, browned and crispy.
5. While potatoes are baking, chop 2 Tbsp fresh parsley and grate 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and place both into a large mixing bowl.
6. Toss potato wedges in the mixing bowl with parsley and cheese.
1 1/2 cup strawberries
Juice of 2 large lemons
1/4 sugar and water combination
2 1/2 cups cold water
extra strawberries for garnish
1. In a blender, combine 1 1/2 cup strawberries, juice of 2 lemons, and sugar water combination. Blend on high until smooth about 2 minutes.
2. Pour into a pitcher and whisk together with the cold water. Refrigerate until chilled about an hour.
1 cup of water
1 cup of sugar
8 cups of watermelon
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. In a small pan, add sugar and water and bring to a boil.
2. Once the sugar is dissolved set asside to cool
3. Puree watermelon in blender
4. Combined the sugar and water mixture, lemon juice and watermelon in a bowl
5. Then place in a 13x9 dish and let freeze
I'm going to be honest, the Watermelon sorbet was not our favorite but I'm am pretty sure it was because we added to much sugar. If I did this again I would only use 1/2 a cup of sugar not 1 cup.
French Fry recipe from natashaskitchen, Lemonade recipe from therecipecritic, sorbet from cincyshopper.
Thanks for reading! Tag me in a picture over Instagram if you make anything.
Don't forget to like and comment!