- 1/2 cup melted butter (and some more for the pan.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2/4 cup walnuts, pecans (anything you want to put in the roll.)
- 1/4 package of yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- round pan
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
Warning!This is a very time consuming RECIPE, Clear your planner before BEGINNING. Estimated 2 hours.
Let's get started!
- Dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Now in a mixing bowl add milk, melted butter, egg and salt together. Then mix in 2 cups of flour and stir.
- Add half of the dissolved yeast.
- Mix together and if it seems too wet, add 1/4 cup of flour. You can continue adding the yeast and 1/4 cup of flour until dough consistency, or stop here. (which is what I did)
- Knead dough on floured counter for five minutes. Place in greased bowl, cover and put in fridge for 1 hour. This is so the dough can rise.
- When the dough has risen, knead then roll onto floured surface into a rectangle.
- Spread melted butter all over dough and preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon together and spread over dough. Now is also the time to sprinkle walnuts, pecans, or other delicious item into the roll.
- Roll then cut starting in the middle until you have eight pieces.
- CAREFULLY transport into thoroughly greased round pan and cover in more cinnamon mixture and butter if you choose.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
FOR THE glaze-
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in mixer.
Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until smooth. Cover the warm buns and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen
I hope this post got you in the spirit of fall and I will see you around here very soon.
Signed, a Maddie lusting for cool weather and layered clothes
pt. one of the garden