whether you're celebrating fourth of july, or just the summer holiday, this blueberry lemon cake is perfect for any occasion.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: (glaze)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. milk
WHAT YOU WILL NEED: (cake)
- 1 cup (or 2 sticks) butter, room temp.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 pound fresh blueberries
- pinch of salt
HERE'S HOW TO DO IT:
- pre-heat oven to 325 degrees ferinheight.
- in an electric mixer, cream the butter, eggs and sugar together. add in vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- in a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- slowly alternate between mixing the flour mixture, milk and plain greek yogurt into the electric mixer.
- once completely mixed together, fold in blueberries with spoon or spatula.
- spray bunt pan with cooking oil and fill pan.
- cook for 60-70 minutes until golden on top.
- for glaze, mix powdered sugar, lemon juice and milk together then drizzle on top of cooled cake.
- serve plain or with ice-cream!
let me know if you make this blueberry lemon cake! (recipe adapted from the country cook)
whether you're celebrating fourth of july…
a trip to the country side
going around the world…
May thirteenth marks the three year anniversary of pressing publish on my first blog post…
a story about benches and fences
dysfunctional review of Boyhood
LISTEN TO THIS volume two
America has been in constant battle with gun laws since the second amendment was ratified...